“Equity and Inclusion in Education for Human Development in Asian Countries & Beyond”
Date: 29 September 2017
From 10 AM to 1 PM
Venue: University of Massachusetts Boston Campus, USA
Jointly Organized By
Asian Centre for Inclusive Education (ACIE), Bangladesh &
University of Massachusetts Boston, USA
We are delighted to share the message that as a part of the continuous international
collaboration and networking, Asian Center for Inclusive Education (ACIE) of Bangladesh is
aiming to organize a half a-day seminar on “Equity and Inclusion in Education for Human
Development in Asian Countries and Beyond” in collaboration with the Economics
Department under the Faculty of Liberal Arts at the University of Massachusetts Boston, USA
campus with an objective of exploring newer cooperation with potential institutions,
academics, researchers and development workers.
The Seminar has the potential to…
• Critically analyse and identify the status and challenges of equity and inclusion in Education
in Asian Countries and beyond.
• Share and Discuss the possible strategies for addressing the challenges of equity and
inclusion in education in Asian Countries and beyond.
• Explore the scope of collaboration for further in-depth research and intervention designs on
• Develop a networking and advocacy group to work on the issue in the coming future.
• Prepare some academic paper to submit it for publication in the Asian Journal of Inclusive
Education (AJIE) of ACIE.
• Professor Dr. M. Tariq Ahsan, IER, University of Dhaka, Bangladesh & Secretary General,
• Mr. Iqbal Hossain, Advisory Panel Member, ACIE & Education Specialist, UNICEF
• Dr. Jennifer Clifford, Senior Lecturer, Economics Department, UMASS Boston, USA
• Dr. Nurul Aman, Senior Lecturer, UMASS Boston, & International Advisory Panel Member,
• Other potential invited speakers from UMB, Harvard, and other local Universities and
Participants: Academics, Students, Researchers, and Development Organizations.
If you wish to participate in the Seminar, Please register your details to:
Nurul Samiul Aman, PhD
Coordinator of the Inclusive Education Seminar
Economics Department, UMASS Boston, USA
Office W-5-092, Tel: 617-287-6951, Fax: 617-287-6976
100 Morrissey Blvd, Boston, MA 02125
Email: Nurul.email@example.com (mailto:Nurul.firstname.lastname@example.org)
For Further Information, please contact
Asian Centre for Inclusive Education
Room: C-9, Mukti Bhaban (2nd Floor), 21/1 Purana Paltan, Dhaka-1000, Bangladesh
Phone: +880-1552360615; +880-1711351685
Web: http://ac-ie.org/ (http://ac-ie.org/); email: email@example.com