Asian Centre for Inclusive Education (ACIE), Bangladesh
Asian Centre for Inclusive Education (ACIE), Bangladesh is established with prime objective of improving access to high quality education to disadvantaged children in Bangladesh as well as in Asian countries. The Centre is currently based in Dhaka, Bangladesh. The members of ACIE are academics, researchers, educators and development workers from countries such as Bangladesh, India, China, and Pakistan, Australia, Canada and the USA who have interest in promoting inclusive education in Asian countries. ACIE is registered as a voluntary, non-profit, non-government organization registered under the Ministry of Social Welfare of the Government of Bangladesh. ACIE is run by an Executive Panel consisting of academics, researchers and development workers.
ACIE is interested in:
- undertaking collaborative research on issues related to inclusive education
- Understanding unique challenges that Asian countries are facing in implementing inclusive policy initiatives
- Exploring possible solutions of the challenges that would be applicable to Asian countries
- Identifying and promoting successful inclusion model
- Networking, information sharing and advocacy on inclusive education.